Friday, February 17, 2012

The Saints and the Pyre of Pride - Trusty Scout & Faithful Friend of God

Lone Ranger: Look, Tonto! Smoke signals! What is it saying?!
Tonto: Smoke says 'I am burning in my ego. Help!' Ke-mo Sah-bee, we must rescue him!

3. Pyre of Pride
O’ lost wanderer!
Rake me, take me
From the forest floor,
Pile your pride with me
On yon lonely hillock high
Set a flaming brand
Upon the pyre,
Then leave me,
Alight,
In flames,
On fire.

When they see the smoke
Of your perishing pride,
The rangers shall come for you.

The Saints of God are just like the Lone Ranger and his faithful Native American companion, Tonto. In the series, Tonto often refers to the masked avenger as Ke-mo Sah-bee (sometimes spelt kemosabe), meaning trusty scout or faithful friend. For it is their essence and mission, these living Saints of our times, to ride out into the world as scouts of God.

If you are burning, if the flames of your unbridled ego is licking your heart, ask for the Saints - call them to your aid as Rangers of God. Surely, they will find you and come to you, in one form or another, sooner rather than later.

My belief in this is implicit.

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: