Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Puteh the Cat and the Trail of Breadcrumbs

Puteh the Cat
Here am I, resting on the steps
Of the kitchen door,
Bathing in the soft golden glow
And fair breeze of a gentle morn,
Here am I, as I have always loved to be,
In a lonely house, sitting in a vast paddy field,

Here am I, and I wish for no better home,
Not for me is any palatial abode,
Dukedom or kingly throne,
Here am I, as you shall always find me,
Sitting by the window of my soul
In a home with with father, mother and daughter
Basking in the soft golden glow and gracefully growing old.
……………………….

I write to leave a trail of breadcrumbs in the forest of my life. So that, if ever, I am to find myself lost and wandering desperately in the witch’s forest, these trails of beautiful memories shall lead me back to safety.

Just as how God and the Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) has left a trail of breadcrumbs in the form of the al Quran and the Sunnah (traditions of the Prophet) to guide the wary and bring back the lost from the vast emptiness of this fleeting, intangible reality.


And now Puteh the Cat is also part of that trail. And this somehow, leaves me strangely happy.

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: