Monday, May 13, 2013

THE GOOD AND BEAUTIFUL WORLD - contemplation of our days and humanity

Dawn in Bukit Damansara.

Meet Monday
I am a Day,
Nestled in the cradle of time,
Waiting for the moment that the Sun
Rises in the East of your Conscience,
Bright and Luminous like Angel Wings,
Feathered heralds of a Lord 
Most Compassionate, Most Merciful!

I am a Day,
And I was created to be yours,
To fill me with love, affection and knowledge,
For you to awake and recall the bounty of your Lord
And to take what is fated to be yours,
And to give freely, as your Lord gave freely!

I am a Day,
And I was created for work, remembrance and play
For how joyful is life in this world when your hand
Turns on the plough of honest toil and remembrance
Of the Lord who gave you this Day
That is me!

I am a Day,
And I am Monday,
Tomorrow you shall meet my sister, Tuesday
And the next my brother, Wednesday,
And thus the world turns,
As the Sun rises and sets,
And the Moon shines upon your twilight,
Rich and bountiful is your Lord's blessings upon you,
Your soul flying high in His sky like a kite!
...................................

I planned to write something different. Some note on the enjoyment of the Mosque, the gathering and association of friends and strangers to the Pool of Remembrance. But perhaps that is meant for another day.

Masjid Umar al-Khattab, Bukit Damansara

The world is good and beautiful. Today, this Monday morning, my attention was turned to my left, as a luminous sky heralds the new day. And so passes through the ken of Man, sometimes unnoticed, the divine signs of Beauty in this world. For however insignificant this world is compared to the reality of Allah (s.w.t.), however transient its nature, this world cannot be anything but good and beautiful, because the Creator, God Almighty is the Absolute One, absolute in His Goodness and in His Beauty. 

The Fountain of Fitrah. And because this world was created as a stage, as each member of humanity looks to understand his role better, to speak his lines perfectly, to immerse himself in his inner character, that fitrah which is the rightful inheritance of all mankind. Your own fitrah, that natural skill and inclination which flows from the Fountain of Fitrah that is Abu Arwah (Father of Souls), Muhammad, Prophet of God (s.a.w.s.).

So have a good day, sunshine. For the day is good already!

Your soul flying high in His Sky like a kite!

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: