Monday, December 9, 2013

SAILING THE SEA OF MATRIMONY - all roads and all knowledge inevitably leads to Hu... and to you.


1. Universe Within
Galaxies swim within my veins,
Stars make home in each cell of my body,
Cosmic winds rise from my lips,
As creation mingle sweetly in my eyes.
                                                     
                                  I am the intangible vessel,                                 
The wandering soul,
Tasked to find and record,
The Speech of the One.

I am the broken vessel,
Holed below my waterline,
Sailing an unbroken sea,

With a smile and verily, a fool’s hope!
.............................

If you are reading this, know that you are reading the memoirs of a fool. But alhamdulillah you are with a smiling fool. 

I don't know about anyone else, but I am contented to be a fool than a morose scholar, forever crying "Oh woe! Oh sadness! Oh, the things that I know!!" . Instead I am happy to constantly be amused, astonished and struck speechless by this life, on a course set by Him., until the day that it pleases Him to take me back.

But as I am still alive and writing, I guess there are still secrets and surprises left to be uncovered. And in the entwined limbs of lovers in rapture there are secrets to know, for there is nothing of value if that thing does not take you closer in your understanding of God Almighty.

Whether you are sailing across an ocean or the stormy waters of the matrimonial bed, seek God!

Consummated passion and more importantly, safety, is there. 

He he he. And to grease the machinery of your impending marriage (assuming you are getting wed) do remember this fine line spoken by a friend of mine to his betrothed...

Dear Love,

Our contract of marriage is a strange thing,
For the definitions are waiting to be explored,
The meaning of words and names are waiting to be written...

So write me, and who I am,

For I am without meaning until you tell me

What I mean to you...  
..............................................

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: