Thursday, January 23, 2014

THE JAILED HEART OR THE SUBSERVIENT REASON? ...where is our faith?


Be! Awake!
I am a nobody,
You are a nobody,
But God said "Be!"
And we were thus done.

How many days have we lost,
Going to sleep as weary sinners,
But in the morning God said "Awake!",
And as believers we greeted the sun.
.......................

I spent some time with an old friend earlier this week. And he said "Don't allow your iman (faith) to enter your mind-ego." Do not be confused between the calculations of your ego, subtly disguised as moral or theological judgments to sway you from the true centre of your iman. The true core of your spirit and wherein sits the Throne of God."

"And where is that?" I asked.

"Your heart, of course. So think, but let your reason be subservient to your heart! For ultimately, there is where your iman resides."
....................

...And how many times have I allowed my heart to be jailed by my mind and ego... My conscience silenced by calculative self interest and hubris? As many nights as I have slept, perhaps? 

Pray for me, sunshine, that I might wake up a believer.

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: