Wednesday, July 9, 2014

MOST GLORIOUS (AND THE GLORY IN THE NIGHT)


Most Glorious
I know of hemlock that I may know of bees and their honey,
I know what is wrong that I may do what is right,
I know pain and illness that I may receive relief and comfort,
I know the brightness of day that I may keep by His side through the night,
I know of illiteracy and ignorance that I may receive His Holy Words,
I know of evil that Man do that I may see God's Own Goodness,

I know the bland and dull that I may see His Most Wonderous
Speaking to me in tongues too subtle for men to record,
About Him, His Mercy, He, our God
At His Most Glorious!
........................

Everything is known by their opposites. And this is good news for me as a sinner (and perhaps for you too), for I have sown my sins and tilled the field of my ignorance. I have spread darkness across the horizon of my own world till it has gone all dark. As if the night of my negligence was not dark enough, I have poured into the sky, the blackest ink from my pen. 

But now that the dark is getting darker, the sky is getting blacker, I can see the Light shining brighter, and the stars of His Muhammad (saws) and the Companions (ra) radiating brighter and brighter. 

It's a karma thing. He he he.

Tahajjud. My ancient friend tells me that "When you wake up in the middle of the night, know that Allah (swt) is calling on you to an intimate congress with him. Take your wuduk (physical and spiritual ablution) and perform the tahajjud (nightly prayers). And see where the Glory in the Night will take you..." 

wa min Allah at-taufiq

-Notrumi Embun, 9th July 2014

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show you the Way

No comments: