Thursday, January 29, 2015

DON'T BLINK! ...passengers waiting at the terminal of life

Don't Blink!
Don't mind me,
I am just passing through,
Don't mind me,
I am just passing by,
Don't save a seat for me,
Don't sign that freehold,
I am not stopping here forever,
Nothing will stop us from 
Growing old,

For I am just passing through,
A traveler in my life's winter,
All dressed to face the cold,
Waiting to drink the bitter,

A traveler passing by,
Suddenly out of the door,
If you but blink an eye
Here, in my life's winter... 

So don't think. my child,
Love and do not blink.
..................... 

It is futile to seek permanence in this reality. For this world is in truth a departure terminal. Undoubtedly, it is a beautiful place to be, with all sorts of distractions on offer, but we cannot deny that upon the instance of our birth, we already have our boarding pass for that return flight to our Creator.

I guess the apparent regularity of death in my life, among my friends, family members and my masters,, has turned my mind towards the inevitable question  - I hope my destination at the end of that not-to-be-delayed flight will be the same.


For I love them so, and I miss them so. And with them is where I want to be. I figure that you too have witnessed the passing of your loved ones, sunshine. And perhaps like me, you also now tend to look at the wares and products on offer in the terminal of this life with less attention and passion. Not because we love life less, no, it is not that at all...

It is only because life has an end, do we realise how precious it is. 
Thus by the infinite, do we comprehend the value of the finite...

Don't you agree, sunshine?

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way  

No comments: