Thursday, November 4, 2010

My little corner of a little streamlet to the Unseen Infinite Ocean of Love


141. Love Undeceived
I am Invincible.
Indomitable.
The First.
The Supreme.

But if I love you
More than your mother,
More than any other,
Do you ever wonder,
If I ever grieved to see you
Suffer this way?

My servants,
You talk so fine of love.

But your understanding of it
Is but that of a fisherman
Sitting by a streamlet,
Trying to comprehend
The Unseen Ocean
To which it
Ultimately flows.
.........................................
.
The poem is from the 2nd chapter entitled 'The Dam.Munir.Ana', circa 2004. I guess this verse is rather poignant. Certainly, when I wrote it I was undoubtedly in a grip of some painful yearning. It is an accepted work hazard. Soldiers fight. Singers sing. Poets? We just yearn.
.
But I guess the sadness was less gripping that I had anticipated. Now, 6 years have passed, and I am much happier I think. I am okay just to be a fisherman sitting by a tiny narrow streamlet. I am okay not to have seen yet the infinite Ocean of Love. I am okay just to sit by and record the passing of blessed souls as they sail pass. "Say hi to God!", I would often beseech them. I am thankful already, and that, my beloved friends, is quite enough of a personal achievement on this warm Wednesday evening here in Kuala Lumpur.
.
Now if you are gonna pass by my corner of the stream of love on your way to the Unseen Ocean, drop in. My pantry of wisdom is empty, but I make a mean cup of poetry.
.
Have a great day, sunshine.
.
Pax Taufiqa.

No comments: