Saturday, August 28, 2010

Endless Yearning for Endless Forgiveness


40. If
If I have been unkind,Forgive me,
If I was ungrateful, Forgive me,
If I was human and erred, Forgive me.

In the calumny of my ways
In the darkest of my days
If I have sought others,
Forgive me.

If I have not sought
Your forgiveness
Often enough,
Forgive me.

For I was created
To forget and to remember.

I was created
To lose and to find You.

I was created as a vessel
Of errors and misplaced passions,
And I would have long perished,
Had I not been sailing
The Ocean Of Your
Endless Mercy.

..............................................................
From the chapter entitled "Keeping Count", October 2007

..............................................................

I was a rotter last night. But this evening, I was forgiven. Not by God, but by my friend Heche. I am still a little groggy from the wine of forgiveness served to me, and am alas, not thinking too straight. Not that I famous for thinking straightfully.

I believe, that when you forgive someone, you are taking water from His Mercy Ocean. And I do think He wants you to take from his Mercy Ocean, again and again and again. As many times and as often as you can. So forgive. Forgive whomever and whatever. Forgive and complete this month beautifully.

So be like Heche and forgive, so that sinners like me will take some Mercy to quench our endless yearning for endless forgiveness.

No comments: