Friday, August 13, 2010

Sometimes It Is Very Good To Be Very Wrong


287. Best Kept Secret

We cannot control what we feel,
But we certainly can control what we do,

I wish I could tell you this,
For if I appear to take you for granted,
If I appear unaffected by your kindness,
It is only because some feelings
Are best kept secret.

And some friendship are best
Kept as friendships.

wa min Allah at-taufiq,

And may God bless
All friends true.
-
(Extracted from 'i.alone.exist.in.a.world.of.mirrors.'). Two Ramadans ago, I wrote this ominous prose. Now I know that some secrets have expiry dates and some friendships are not meant to last. And while I would like to think that I know myself pretty well, history has proven otherwise, time and time again!
-
Really, it is sometimes very good to be very wrong.

No comments: