Thursday, August 19, 2010

Claiming you are a Muslim doesn't make you a Muslim. Claiming you are an Apostate doesn't make you an Apostate.


14. I don’t believe in God (with Poon)

“I don’t believe in God”, she said.

I replied, “That’s good, you know.
For if He was as you think He is,
I too would denounce such a deity.
And were you to continue believing Him thus,
Then you would be doing Him a great injustice.”

.......................................................................

From a chapter entitled 'Maqsud and Matlamat'. This prose outlines the basis of my observation that apostasy, is in Reality inherently impossible. Because of this, my best friend once accused me of being patronising to other people's belief (or rather disbelief). He is right, if you think that being a Muslim is a conclusive label. But for me, being a Muslim is essentially a process. So just as saying you are a Muslim doesn't make you a Muslim, similarly, claiming that you are an apostate doesn't make you an apostate. In this world full of religious and atheist Forms, it is too easy to gloss over the Inner and Essential Reality of things. More on this later...

No comments: