Saturday, November 30, 2013

AT THE COURT OF THE KING, IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD EVERLASTING... someone is waiting.


If I knew me, I would envy me
Weeping widows would envy my sorrow,
Smiling babies would envy my joy,
Beggars would envy my poverty,
Kings would envy my riches,
Thinkers would envy my knowledge,
Lovers would envy my sadness
Pharaohs would envy my pride,

But above all. I would definitely envy me, 
If only God would lead me to me and tell me... 
" Here. Here you are.
With Me.
..........................

It is a tiring journey, don't you reckon? This never-ending search for yourself. Yet, there you are, sitting comfortably in your sofa. Lying in bed. Eating, living, drinking, breathing. But however happy you may be in this life, however contented you may feel, the truth is that there is an emptiness inside you. And life is all about finding meaning to fill that emptiness. To give meaning to who you are, where you came from, where you are heading to. For the answers to all these questions will lead you to some realisation of who you truly are. And the man (or woman) who knows himself, ultimately, will know of God.

But this little quest does not seem to have an ending, does it? You travel, from one horizon of your life to the next. And when you have scaled one hill, you find another, then another... and another. From birth to the cradle, childhood to the teenage years, through schools, colleges and universities, work to marriage to children to grandchildren, to grey bearded dotage.

This morning someone told me of the wisdom of this endless journey, this timeless quest, is because something is purposely delayed by your Maker. And the only reason why some good thing is postponed, is directly in relation to the worth of that something. So do not fret (too much) in your discontent. For that is a sign that God is keeping something that will satisfy you only when you arrive in the Divine Presence. And it is not something that this world and universe is worthy of holding. It awaits you across the threshold.

So live life well, and let go of it in good spirit. Something sovereign in value awaits you at the Court of the King, in the Kingdom of God Everlasting - Muhammad Habibullah (saws)... and you. 


wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: