Monday, January 28, 2013

TEN THOUSAND - the endless journey to cross the endless ocean of Muhammad Habibullah


Ten Thousand
I dream of you
And ten thousand moons,
Reflecting upon you skin
Of infinite sea,

I dream of you
And ten thousand skies,
With ten thousand meanings
Like stars clustering
In your eyes.

I dream of you
And read your ten thousand books,
And every beginning has another beginning
And every ending has another ending,
As if God never tires of writing about you,

I dream of you
Dreaming of me,
And were it not for your lessons, o' Prophet
I would not allow myself anywhere near you
Even if my journey is illuminated
By the light of the ten thousand moons,
By the stars of the ten thousand skies,
By the wisdom of the ten thousand books
Bearing your name, your stories and your life.
.................................

While in Singapore I chance upon a polite company of Sufis discoursing about saints, books and divine knowledge. And stupidly I felt a pang of jealousy, for I cannot speak of Allah(s.w.t.) and His Muhammad (s.a.w.s.) in that scholarly manner. I love books, and am a bookish man, but what I learn I often learn from the pain in my feet, the illness in my hands, the joy in my child, and the deep fathom waters of an eastern sea. I learn through hard painful lessons and the happiness of smiles and laughter that our spirit shares with us, in those rare quiet moments when the physical world blurs into the background and divine love manifests as the true guiding power of not only the spiritual world, but also the material world. 

And our ego becoming nothing but a beast of burden of our soul.

My friends, I would not suffer the Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.s.) my own company, in my worn and shabby piety, my sickly and diseased spirit, my bitterness and my jealousies. Were it not for his calling, "Come, come, come..." I would not even speak his name. I am like a stray dog outside the Prophet's home. 

So listen not to a stray dog, sunshine. Listen to the Prophet. Indeed, only in him is the surety for your safety, happiness and success in dunya (this world) and akhirat (the world hereafter).

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: