Thursday, January 24, 2013

I do not understand... but I understand love


I Do Not Understand, But I Understand Love
I do not understand the world sometimes,
Because the language most natural to me is love,
I do not understand the news sometimes,
Because the only news I know is love,
I do not understand people's anger and hate sometimes,
Because the only emotion I understand is love,

And by God, because of this
I sometimes do not even understand myself
And the angry and despairing creature
Standing in the mirror in front of me.
.....................................

I am leaving for Singapore again today. But I would have no problem speaking there because almost all Singaporeans can speak English. And of course there are also Malays there who can speak Malay, although some of them tend to speak in a lingo or dialect a little strange to us Malaysian Malays. A little bit 1970s era kinda lingo. He he he.

But Chinese or Malay or English, everyone can speak the Language of Love. It is manifest in our attitude and character, our patience and fortitude, our mercy and compassion. As a sinner, I fear that despite my 42 years of life, I am still in the Kindergarten of Love, and it is unsafe to leave me to my own ego and its cunning devices - often I caught myself speaking and thinking in another language. The language of the ego. I pray always to God to guide me, and to take me closer to His anointed Master of the Language of Love, our  own benevolent and loving Muhammad (s.a.w.s.).

Geo-politics and the geo-politicians of this world like to paint the world of despair and confusion. But that is simply because they are painting their global perception with the ego. I often do this and hope to lessen my addiction to this most foul of habits.

So pray for me always, sunshine. And I shall pray for you.


Let us endeavour to always converse in the Language of Love.

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: