Thursday, May 30, 2013

KEEP CALM. ACT DUMB. - legacy of PRU 13


Malaysia just had one of the most transparent and divisive general election since its independence. And the embers of discontentment with the election results are still glowing reddish. The incumbent government that prevailed in the general election claims one thing, and the opposition continues to claim another. The truth, as it often is, lies somewhere between the great divide. 

In times like this I like to act dumb. And funnily enough I find acting dumb a very easy thing to do. I am almost naturally gifted to be dumb. 

But never you mind, sunshine. Don't listen to those naughty politicians with their slippery tongue and those NGOs with their earnestness. And when people ask you if you are a fence-sitter, tell them no. Tell them that you are following the teachings of the Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.s.) and that you want to pull down the fences that divide all of us - The fence erected by our egos and propped by our nafs. Ergo, we shall begin with dismantling the first fence, our own egos. 

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said bro! Kawi

Milky Tea said...

Yes... I have a talent at playing dumb, in fact my play-acting is so real that people start to doubt that I am playing dumb and begin to think that I actually am! He he he.

I won't argue with them!

Thanks, for dropping in, Kawi!