Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Love Test


Seven years ago, at an unbelievably young age of 34, I contemplated love and its tests...

I am He who heals all wounds
I am He who cherishes the afflicted
I am He whom you claim to love
What is love if it is not tested?


(No.55, from 'the Dam.SunSun.Ana')

When in fact, it was love that was all along contemplating us. Not in that from-a-distant divine telescope, but right up to your jugular gritty red-eyed stare...

In my pursuit of Beauty,
I have clasped embers,
Thinking them Pearls,
I have waded rivers of kufr,
Thinking them streams of Jannah,
I have lived, loved and lied,
Thinking I will never be found out,
I have slept in filthy sties,
Thinking them beds of clouds.

I have been proven wrong,
And see all too clearly now,
To whom I belong.
And that it is not I
Who is pursuing Beauty,
But in truth,
Beauty is pursuing me.

(No.77, from 'the Dam.SunSun.Ana')

Any how, have I passed the test? Alas, no. I am sitting for repeats, every freakin' day. To all those souls, who are facing the tests again... good luck, comrades! And for those lucky, lucky few who have passed and moved on to greener pastures, I only ask of you this...

How DID you do it?

No comments: