Tuesday, April 2, 2013

LOVE IS HERE, TO BANISH SADNESS FOREVER - The Prince Part 30

Istana Iskandariah, Bukit Chandan, Kuala Kangsar, Perak.
30.03.2013

Tears, the Lover's Ink
Sweet yearning, Love's calling,
Sweet tears, the Lover's ink,
No more guessing,
No more thinking,

Love is writing my desire for him
On the canvas of my heart,
I draw the shades across my red eyes,
Unfamiliar to share my hidden passion
And my impatience to once again
Serve him... my master.

Wither goes the Prince with the gentle eyes?
Bright was his mantle!
...............................

I spent a good two hours yesterday morning with my good friend Moses, and our good old friend, the Cockroach-Squasher. He is called thus because one day many years ago, I spoke of the Sufis' enemies, once unknown but now world famous as the Wahhabis. And he said, "Bah! I want to squash the Wahhabis like a cockroach!", mimicking a man squashing the unfortunate bug under his grinding foot. 

Tough guy. But no man (or woman, come to think of it), however tough, however rough, however hard-bitten by life has an atom of chance when Love comes calling. As I have often shared with you... Love, like rain, simply happens. Throw away the umbrella, cast aside your raincoat, for nothing will stop Love from seeping into your heart, especially when Love flows from the fountain of Divine Presence, gracious but with unyielding certainty, passionate but in the most consummate Adab (good courtesies and manners), until masyaAllah, you suddenly find yourself in Love.

Sitting, in perfect adab, next to his Master in Qubruz,
almarhum Shaykh Raja Ashman Shah ibni Sultan Azlan Shah.
al-fatiha

Have a happy day, sunshine. Love is here, to banish sadness forever.

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: