Thursday, April 4, 2013

The Bed of Rest, The Bed of Thankfulness - the Adab of Sleep


Thank You for You
I like to fall asleep
With thankfulness in my heart,

I therefore look upon the day past
And count my blessings
As I fall asleep,

Thank You, God, for my parents...
Thank You, God, for my brothers and sisters...
For my aunties and uncles (even the crazy ones)...
For my beloved friends...

For the stars in the sky,
For the apple of my eye,
For this person that I call 'I',

And thank You most kindly
For Your Muhammad, Your anointed Mercy
That you have shared with me,

And lastly (but most importantly),
Thank You for You!
..................

I had a bad morning waking up. It is because I fell asleep last night with dark thoughts, a little bit of disappointment, and some bitterness. Oh, what a fool I am!

So tonight I intend to have better care of the thoughts that spring into my mind as I lay my head to sleep. And call upon the names of He that loves me best of all, and His Beloved Muhammad (s.a.w.s.), Prophet of God.

Coming into my 43rd year, and here I am, still learning how to do better what comes most naturally to us in the quiet of night... falling asleep. Funnily, this makes me feel young!

He he he.


Good night, sunshine. Let your bed of rest be a bed of thankfulness.

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: