Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Who am I? Hu is He? - lighting our way with remembrance... Allah Allah Allah...


Who am I? Hu is He?
When I am in the dark,
When all life appears black,
And there is no light to be seen,
I simply remember...
Who I am,
And Hu He is...

"Oh Lord, you are my Lord!
And I, your tired, helpless servant!"

And just like that a light appears,
First as a tiny flicker, then a white flame
Before bursting into a mighty blazing light,
A living light, a governing light!
Banishing away all my sadness,
All my fears and all my despair...

As my soul voices a whimper,
A whisper of gratitude...

"Oh Lord, I knew You would always care..."

('Hu' is used in Arabic, to mean 'He', signifying the only He in Absolute Existence, being God Almighty)
.............................

Yesterday I was unwell and kept to my bed, and today I am still a little weak. But the worst appears over, and things are looking up. I will not lie to you, sunshine, and say that my mind and emotion was unaffected. Seized in some moments, words tumble from my lips, Why... why, God... why?"

But then I remember Him, and that I am addressing Him. And that happenstances of 'good' and 'bad' fortunes are but labels we put to events that God has fated for us. So I say, "Alhamdulillah (praise to God), it could have been far, far worse. Thank You, God."

And to top it off, my ugly bout of eczema on my hands and feet seems to have faded away with a little gel cream I purchased from my neighbourhood pharmacy. And of course, I have passed through yet another chapter in my life with God, so when all things are considered, is there any other words I can express but Thank You to You, Allah(s.w.t.) and to Your Rasul, Muhammad Habibullah(s.a.w.s.)?

And thank you to you also, sunshine. For sharing a little corner of your thoughts with me today.

Even the longest storm has an end... 

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: