Thursday, April 11, 2013

MEN AND WOMEN, CHILDREN & KITTENS - our reflective reality to the Absolute Reality


For the Longest Time
For the longest time
I have searched for You,
I looked to the Moon
And the blinding Sun,
I looked in the Waters of Life
And beneath the Rock at the Dome,
I have witnessed the whirling dervishes
And the rapture of hermits,

I have searched high and low
Down to  the smallest thing...
From the largest galaxy in the night sky
To the dancing, meandering photons
That has beguiled our physicists' eye...

In everything that I have witnessed
I have found beauty, truth, mercy,
Order, justice and a determined
Path for all created things,

O' Lord, O' Love!
You have created me,
What path have You determined for me?
.......................................

We cannot actually determine what happens. Even this simple act of writing is an action replete with an enormous possibility of failures, successes, delays and unexpected endings. But we can determine our intention. And with the Grace of God and the Lessons of Muhammad (s.a.w.s.), we can even determine our emotions. 

Between our intention and emotion is the determination of our reflective reality to the Absolute Reality of Allah (s.w.t.) - God Almighty, Creator of all men and women, children and little kittens.


And that is wonderful news for all humanity, for it assures us of God and His Utter Loveliness and Absolute Compassion for His creation. In the unexpected endings and pauses in our life - in our smiles, laughter and cries, He is there. 

Fare thee well in thy journey, sunshine! For thou art a favoured servant of The Kindest Lord, God.

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: