Sunday, April 7, 2013

THE DIVINE PAUSE - working through one's disbelief of the true awesomeness of Allah (s.w.t.)

My late mother, Arbayah. Her life was both colourful and meaningful.
I am biased of course, but I think she is awesome.
al fatiha
What is Life?
What is life but a pause
Between being surprised by
The embrace of the Lord
And our sighs of thankfulness
And gratitude.

This I believe to be true,
However long or short
That pause turns out to be.
................................

I have a problem. It is disbelief. No, it is not disbelief in God, but disbelief in the attributes of God. On a daily, almost second by second basis I catch myself disbelieving Him.

Disbelieving in the infinite expanse of His Ocean of Mercy.

Disbelieving in His unimaginable Ocean of Love.

Disbelieving in His incomprehensible Ocean of Knowledge.

I say this to you, sunshine, and I guess I am making a sort of confession. Because, if I truly believe in Allah's (s.w.t.) all-Encompassing Mercy, I would be more merciful to others, and myself. If I truly comprehend His love for us, I would be similarly loving of all creatures, Man, Djinn, animals and other sentient or non-sentient creation of God. And if I understood where I stand in the glittering Sea of His Knowledge, by God, I would be more circumspect, and less ready to judge others or myself.

So I guess for me, this pause, this life, is going to take some time for me to work through.

But at least for this morning, I am thankful for however long or short this pause would be. And to top it off, I am able to spend it with you...

Have a meaningful Sunday, sunshine.

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: