Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Whirling Verse Part 3/3

I am now
Both the verse
And the body
That sings and spins,
So like the Sea of Din
Lapping on the Shores of Sin,
Where does Love now ends
And my lie begins?


The reply: O’ little fool!
What foolishness is this?
God has no end.
........................................................


Well, this is the 3rd and final part 3 of ‘The Whirling Verse’. As you can see, being the lazy person that I am, I merely overlapped the 1st sketch with the 2nd sketch. I think it is a good composition, and I hope you like it. Click here for Part 1 and Part 2, if you have nothing better to do.

To my untrained eye, the picture looks messy but pretty. I like to think that Angels have a similar bird’s eye view of us human beings. Messy but pretty. Clay vessels animated by the Breath of God. Fragile and filled with all sorts of unruly passions. The Angels asked God, “What is this thing that You have created?”, but God simply replied, “I know what you know not.” Oh, thank You very much, God, that really clarified the matter.

Hehehe. Very funny, Taufiq.

In fact, I find myself scrutinizing the reflection on the mirror, often asking God the very same question. But the answer I hear is different.

So we are creatures made of earth and water. But where do the ancient hide their greatest horde of gold and wealth, if not buried deep in the bosom of the earth? So you see, perhaps on the face of it, we are nothing. But in that nothingness, there is Something. It is in you, my friend, marked ‘X’. There is a map and a guide to the secret treasure, called the al Quran and Sunnah. There are also professional treasure-hunters still offering their services, and they can aid you.

They will help you find the treasure. The buried gold. That hidden secret Something. But in order to find that Something in you, you must first become nothing. In that quest they will also help you.

God Bless the treasure-hunters of God. God Bless you, and Hurrah for the Green Man!

Pax Taufica.

No comments: