Friday, March 29, 2013

LET LOVE WRITE YOUR LIFE - sadness, God and surrender


Only One
I save my most bitter regrets for my Lord,
For only He has an infinite mercy ocean for me,

I save my saddest tears for my Lord,
For only He knows me best and
Only He can attend to my sadness most consummately,

I save my greatest hope and dreams for my Lord,
For to make them all come through for me,
He need only to say 'Be!' and it is done,

But lo, His cherished hope for me is greater
Than I shall ever know, so He does as He wishes,
This is my Lord, God, the Truth, the One!
..................................

We learn many things in happiness. But we also learn a great deal through sadness. And the trail of tears that has dotted my life's path has taken me to strange beautiful places. Into the eye of the whirling dervishes. Into the congregation of the lovers of Muhammad (s.a.w.s.). Into the smiling gaze of a saint. Into the embrace of a Friend of God.


I light my own fire of regrets. But Allah (s.w.t.) sends the rain. Sometimes like gentle summer drizzle, a golden shower. Sometimes like the thundering clap of the monsoon storm, flooding my world. 

Funny. I wanted to write something else, but these words appear. It reminds me of an old poem recorded almost 10 years ago...

94. Nib
I am the nib of the pen,
The ink in the well,
The paper You hold in Your Hand,
But what You will write, my Love,
I cannot foretell.


Have a lovely weekend, sunshine. Let Love Write Your Life.

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: