Tuesday, March 19, 2013

THE MORAL HAZARD OF DOING GOOD - turning honey into hemlock


I Am One of Them
Dear God,
Make desirable unto me,
What is desirable unto You,
Make undesirable unto me,
What is undesirable unto You,

Yet give unto me the space in my heart,
To accept and love those who still
Omit to do what is desirable
And do what is undesirable,

For verily, You have not turned away
From any of them who turns to You
Seeking love, forgiveness and acceptance...

And verily, I know this to be the truth,
For I myself am one of them.
.................................

Moral Hazard. Doing bad obviously is a moral hazard. But doing good also has its own moral hazard. It is of course our ego and its terrible offspring called self-righteousness and hubris. So when you go supping upon the cup of faith in the cathedral of love, beware that your tongue do not change the honey into hemlock - your ego prompting you into thinking, 'Yea... how good am I. How bad are those others!'

The Selfless Sunnah. After all, if God says... there is no god but Me, and Muhammad is My Messenger, He is talking about the annihilation of our 'self' and abasement of our ego... Through the daily, constant, minute by minute, microsecond by microsecond application of the selfless Sunnah (traditions) of the Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.s.).

The Desirable Medicine. This is the medicine to cure us of our egocentric worldly addictions. But unlike other medicines, this medicine is desirable and increases in desirability the more we take it. 

That is what I call Godly Awesome.

He he he.

Have a lovely Tuesday, sunshine. I have been away for awhile, but I am back now. Alhamdulillah...

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way


No comments: