Sunday, February 19, 2012

Do Not Get Angry With Anger


Do Not Get Angry with Anger
Anger is the destroyer of calm
The poisoner of peace
And it matters not that your temper
Is aimed at anything else...
For whomever is near
He would be asking himself,
“Does it not matter at all
That I am here?”

And observing sadly,
“Ah, he is so beautiful when happy
And so ugly when in foul temper”

You are lucky, sunshine, not to have to deal with me 24/7. In that context I sympathize with God Almighty for having to deal with my almighty temper. For I have a temper. And it is ugly. It is only right that we should disapprove of our own anger, but...

If in your life you wish to be the doctor and not the patient, the healer and not the sick, then however wrong anger is, you must not despise it. For the truth is, so long as you are in society, so long as you are in your body, anger and ill-temper will strike you, whether alone or in company. And it is then that you need to have empathy. But it is difficult to feel empathy when your emotion are mixed between charity and loathing. Even if that loathing is for human anger.

I say this because I have always despised anger. And I fear that I am becoming what I despise. So I shall not despise anger anymore. I shall try to accept and submit. For God has accepted me this way for all this while.

Have an all-love day, sunshine.

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: