Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Meaning of Patience - The Sinners Dictionary


1. Patience is a …
Patience is a jewel
Set between the
Contracting and expanding
Of the heart.
It is in the pause
Between a cause
And consequence,
Between revelation
And either acceptance
Or rebellion.

My counsel to those who would listen is 'do not act or speak when in anger.' It is a simple piece of advice. Perhaps that is why I do not talk too much nor act. What I do is write, in the safety of weighed contemplation and solace. Thus, my admiration for those who act with patience and understanding has no bounds. The sort of people that would make the best of companions.

Patience is the hardest (and therefore most noble) tradition of the Prophet Muhammad. He had patience in waiting, and also patience in his endeavours. His patience is not the sort of lackadaisical procrastination which many people like to call patience. That is not patience. That is fatalism. A sickness that I myself am often bedeviled by.

Your children ought to teach you the meaning of patience. But if my son could speak on this topic, no doubt Mikhail would say, "Papa, you must try harder!" He says that he gets sad when I get mad, even if it is not about him. I can understand that.

So stand by me, sunshine. For I still hope to be a better person.

Pax Taufiqa

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: