Monday, February 27, 2012

Love's Natural Course - Self-Reconciliation and Befriending One Self

My Friendship With Me
When I am down, I pretend I am not friends with myself,
Then I find solace in the company of my other friends.

But I have found that the greatest friends
Are those who will refuse to let me
Be at odds with myself,
And who will, with patience
And kindness,
Gently reintroduce me
To myself and let
Love’s natural course
Lead me back to
Friendship
With myself.
Oh, come on! It's nobody else. It's you. Talk to him...

You cannot be angry with yourself forever. You cannot be disappointed with yourself for too long. You cannot just sulk and ignore your own self. At the end, you must face yourself, however angry or disappointed you are. Because after all, you are you and no one else. And no one else can make you contented and happy.

So listen to your friends, and face yourself. Do not be afraid. It can all be forgiven.

Have a conciliatory day, sunshine.

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: