Monday, February 6, 2012

The Angels, The Emerald Sea and The New Voice

When Angels cry out, "do you not see us?"

1. Emerald Sea
I wish I could share with you all that l have seen,
All that l have felt, all that l have touched and tasted.
Not from a distant but in the intimate moments that I have experienced.

When a voice whispered 'glorify the Lord this way'
When angels cry out 'do you not see us?'
When my heart confides 'I am so happy!...'
And the Prophet enjoins '...because you have not forgotten me!'

Can you believe me?
Ah… Had you been there! Had you only been there!

But do not worry o’ desiring soul!
For the moments l have passed through are the moments ahead for you.
And l say this as one soulbird to another....
Set free by the Creating Heart
To sing His Glory
High above the green waves
Of His Emerald Sea.

I have posted this prose earlier. But I picked up a pair of chinese paint brushes yesterday and I figured that the angel picture I painted kinda suits the prose. Especially the quoted caption.

As I have said before, I have never ever seen an Angel of God. It is all impressionism, and one based not on sight (obviously) but emotion. I have never painted with a chinese paint brush before and I kinda like experimenting with the strokes, the ink and its weight. I normally sketch using calligraphy pens. The great thing about working with a new medium of art is I never know what is actually gonna happen. Much like life, you know?

It is like finding a new voice. At the age of 41, this makes me exceedingly happy.

Have a beautiful day, soulbird. Join me in my happiness. Find yourself a new voice too.

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: