Monday, February 20, 2012

Hallaj's Requiem - Wherever my head may be now...


21. The Law & The Path II
Sometimes the Path ends
With the retribution of the Law.
But Allah, shall they silence Your Friends forever?
By Allah, surely they must fail!
For what do they strike but a vessel of clay?
What can they decapitate
But a puppet’s head?
By your permission,
May my heart linger forever
In servitude to You,
Teaching, guiding and loving
The seekers whose seeds
You still hold in abeyance,

Let me do this,
Wherever my head may now be!

Mansur al- Hallaj is a famous Muslim martyr who was punished by the religious authorities for his ecstatic utterances of 'Ana al -Haqq!' (I am the Truth / God!). He was executed in 922. 

But you cannot keep a good guy down. For wherever his head may be now, he is still speaking to you and me. For who knows of Hallaj's executioners? Not many, but many, many more knows of Hallaj himself. I do not want to be a beheaded martyr, but I get where the man was coming from. He was drinking wine from the Fountain of the Beloved, and he got a little tipsy. People say the strangest thing when intoxicated. Have you ever heard your own stupendous sweet talk in the thralls of your courtship of THE woman, THE one true love? I have, and it makes me blush!


God bless God.

Have a perfectly nice day, sunshine.

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: