Friday, September 17, 2010

Absent in the Past, Present and Future


When I think of the past, I visit it,
And when I return to the present
I leave a little of myself behind
To contemplate the past further.

When I think of the future, I visit it,
And when I return to the present
I leave a little of myself behind
To contemplate the future further.

When I contemplate Love, I visit Him,
But Love refuses to grant leave of me,
So I am ever in contemplation of Him,
And am in truth now
Absent from my past, present and future.

So who is typing all these words now?

Ooh… I don’t know!

............................................................

No.14, from the chapter entitled "Just Between You and Me", completed on 25th February 2009. Just another one of those riddles that I am fond of confounding myself with...
.
Its been a rainy, rainy day today, and waking up on this wet, wet Friday morning was really, really difficult. But it has been a good day overall, peacefully Taufiq, or as the Romans may have put it, Pax Taufiqa.

No comments: