Friday, September 3, 2010

The Apparent and the Hidden


I did not bring the Quran to you,
I peeled your skin and read the Quran
That was in you already,

I did not bring Muhammad to you,
You spoke and I heard Muhammad
That was in you already,

I did not bring the angels to you,
I came and saw that they were your
Faithful companions already,

The constant source of wonder to me
Is that you realize these not yourselves
.
.............................................................
(Prose from chapter entitled "These Words", completed during the Eidul Fitri in Nov 2004.)
.............................................................
I am constantly amazed by people I meet and know. Their nobility and courage humble me. Their kindness and patience shame me. I don't say it often enough, so I shall confess here that you, you and you... and of course you and you too, you are all simply amazing.
.
And the fact that you are oblivious of your own virtues, make you all the more lovely to me. May God shower His blessings on you, all this holy month. Ameen.

No comments: