Friday, February 11, 2011

Muhammad, the Throne, Perception, Creation and a Fella I met at Solace


Perception is Creation
Muhammad is no king,
But all creation is his throne,
And his throne is in my heart,
And all creation is as how
My heart conceives it to be.
.
With every beat of my heart,
I carry creation within me,
With every word I utter,
I make,
.
And with every sight
That my eyes do perceive,

I create!
.
I was in a small pub in my neighbourhood with Heche and Kelly. The pub was called Solace, and our threesome were there seeking some. We took a table in the deep cozy corner of the pub, away from the Friday night crowd. I remember at least that it was Friday night because Kelly was in lawyer’s khaki of black and white. We traded gossips, insults and philosophies.
.
A few glasses in, a couple entered and sat at the table next to us. You must understand that I am not an eavesdropper by nature but I cannot help listening in to the gentleman at the next table. He was talking (rather loudly) to his date about the Prophet Muhammad. Saying how he thought the Prophet was this great, great guy, that he was a giant amongst mankind. He continued to expound on the many virtues of Muhammad, his tongue flowing effortlessly with praise for the Prophet.
.
Unable to contain myself (I have self-control issues), I tapped him on the shoulders, and we made our acquaintances. He was a radio station manager of a big broadcasting company here in Malaysia. Together we started to talk about the Prophet, about his life and his teachings. “He is a great man! A strong man!” exclaimed my new companion. His date however looked a little jaded, with that ‘This is nothing new to me’ look on her pretty face.
.
Well, by the end of the night we exchanged business cards and manly hugs, promising to meet each other again. I have yet to make that call because I lost his card dammit. I would really love to see him again – Because the best thing about this story is that he was not even a Muslim. He was an Indian and a Hindu. Perception - it is everything.
.
Have a wonderful Friday(again), sunshine. 2 postings a day… what can I say? I am uberproductive.
.
Pax Taufiqa.

No comments: