Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Prophet's Birthday, Jacob's Ladder and a Can of Red Paint


On the Prophet's Birthday I Borrowed Jacob's Ladder

I was awaken this morning by Jacob,
And he said, "Here, take my ladder, old chum!"
With a can of red paint I climbed the ladder high into the sky
And there I found the Big Heart
Floating amongst the clouds.
Trembling on the ladder I then wrote the message...
"Happy 1441st Birthday, o' Prophet!"
.
Okay, okay, before anyone raises the issue, I am aware that the birth of Muhammad the Prophet of God is accepted to be either in 570 a.d. or 571 a.d. But you know, that is just technicalities. The fact is he was born a looooong time ago. Happy birthday, my Prophet!
.
And before any aspirant of the path says that his actual creation must precede the creation of the World (Heaven, Hell, Angels all included therein) in relation to the belief in the Nur ("Light") of Muhammad, well, I am not talking about the creation of the NurMuhammad, am I? We are of course celebrating the mortal birth of Muhammad from the blessed union of Aminah and Abdullah.

.
.
Last night, on the eve of his birthday, I attended a congregation of pointy-hatted gentlemen who were praising and singing their love for Muhammad, Beloved of God. I didn't stay too long though , but I am reliably informed that the sighing love and affectionate rapture that drifted from the mortal lips ascended the sanctified gardens of heaven and the valley of Buraqs (they are queer looking heavenly steeds). But most importantly, I am sure that the Prophet himself heard them.
.
O' sunshine. Do not forget your Prophets! Whatever they have endeavoured, whatever they are still endeavouring, they are doing it all for you. Blessed be Muhammad, my own beloved Prophet. My love and light, the Red Rose of Divine Intimacy, Vessel of Mercy, Sign of the Lord that made me know of the Lord. Ah. But you know of this already, my friends, my brothers and sisters - I seek your guidance and companionship always.
.
.
Pax Taufiqa.

No comments: