Sunday, November 4, 2012

A Distant Thunder and a Little Teasing - Sunday rainy thoughts...



52. Distant thunder
I hear the rumblings of a distant thunder
Light is veiled behind a plume of cloud.
But rain is come
The seeker is now the sought
The lover is now the loved
Woe that I was ever in doubt!



 118. Teasing
What is love without a little teasing,
A little sorrow, a little pain,
A little drought before the rain,
A little sting, a little bleeding,
A little snowfall before spring.
................................

It is rainy weather here, the end of the year monsoon season. It comes to my country regular as clockwork. Fishermen avoid going to sea these days. The sea is just too rough and unpredictable.

For city-rats like myself, there is no such foreboding doom. Our only pain is the little inconvenience of waiting out the rain. But rain makes good company for prose-writing. The two prose above are actually from my old collection of the DamSunSunAna... written around mid 2004. It rained hard in my heart that year.

Thank you for coming by today. How was Sunday for you?

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: