Friday, November 2, 2012

The Tree of Love - Subhanim Allah Sultanim Allah Nabim Muhammad alayhi salam



To Set This Love Free
I have waited for you for so long,
I have patiently bided my time
Under this tree,
Until my shadow is the tree’s shadow,
Until my skin is the tree’s bark,
My feet, its roots,
My hands, its limb and branch
Reaching up to the sky
For you…

Oh my sweet,
Oh my love,
Oh my gentle star,
Shining on me
From your abode above,

Praising you and waiting
Till I am no more,
My branches withered and broken,
My feet uprooted from the earth,
My leaf dry and dying on the ground,
As nations rise and fall,
Towers are built and broken down, 

I shall always be waiting for you,
To return to you once again,
As a man, or as a tree,
To my Maker, My Love,
My Beloved,
My God… and
To set this love finally,
And completely
Free.
..........................................

Prose Post Script - I have set my love, infinite in its breadth for He who is infinite in His breadth. I have set my root and lonely branches for He who has an infinity to assure me of His love. I have set my hopes and my highest praise upon He who shall never wither in winter, in Whose name the flowers of the worlds bloom in spring, in Whose glory the Sun shines the brightest in summer, and in Whose silent praises that my golden, yellow and red leaves fall to the earth in autumn, prostrating before His infinite Mercy for the trees.

Thank you for dropping by, sunshine. Have a lovely day, sharing this world with the love that even the trees themselves recognise. Subhanim Allah, Sultanim Allah, Nabim Muhammad alayhi salam.



wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way 

No comments: