Tuesday, November 27, 2012

THE PATH IS LOVE - one question for God


One Question for God
Oh Love,
How strange I find this world to be,
And stranger still the people here,
Infatuated by the world
And stopping there,
When the world is here
Only to point to You...

Oh Love,
How strange I find this world to be,
And stranger still the people here,
Talking and talking and talking,
Thinking and thinking and thinking
Of everything else but You,
When everything else is here
Only to point to You...

Oh Love,
How can the world satisfy their heart
And the yearning that compels the searching?
When the searching of anything else has no value
If it does not bring them closer to You?

Oh Love,
Tell them I am sorry,
That I cannot join them
In their infatuation,
In their thinking,
In their talking,
In their searching...

For this world is not
Enough for me now,
And if there is a cure,
Please, Love, 
Show me how...
..............................

I work. I play. I eat and sleep. But truth be told, if any of this things I do, does not reveal just a little bit more of God and of his Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.s.), then really, what is the point of it all?

This is not a question on dogma or theology. It is about the dervishes of this world, the wanderers and restless wayfarers of the soul who, having found that the Path is Love, finds that this world possesses no other true happiness and joy than taking that one more hesitant step, that one more hopeful breath towards Love.

And of course, to reply the question posed,

Much like the path, the answer is Love.

Mawlana Shaykh Nazim of Lefke, Cyprus. Just a couple of mornings ago.

Have a lovely day, my friend. See you how the sun shines?

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: