Friday, December 3, 2010

Night of the Nightingales


47. Night of the Nightingales
Stay away o’ Sandman, and don’t bother me,
Tonight in your web I won’t be caught,
(So) Keep your lullabies for those who cannot see
The fruits of what they sow and what they wrought.

O’ Lord High King, before whom all are beggars,
Unchain my fetters, and let my soulful voice ring!

I wish to sing Your praise tonight
And ask forgiveness for my brother
Who by his haste, has forgotten God
Who by his heart, should know better
But knows not.
……….


There are those amongst you who sleep little, but attend at night to remembrance and soulful calling and singing of the Lord’s name.

I am fortunate to know a few, and I believe countless more are out there. I wish to thank you now for what you are doing. I know you do not need my thanks, but I need to give it, you see. That is the least I can do.

Friday is coming to an end here in Malaysia, but wherever you may be, please continue to sing, nightingale! Your music and yearning fills my heart...

Pax Taufiqa.

Footnote – ‘Night of the Nightingales’ is from chapter 1, the Dam.SunSun.Ana, completed June 2004.

No comments: