Sunday, December 26, 2010

Breath of the Sun of the Sun (5 Postcards from me to you)






This poem is from the chapter entitled 'The Bride's Dress', written early this year. And the year itself is coming to it's last week. But you continue, for you are being sustained by the breath of the Sun of the Sun, the Light upon Light which has no beginning and no end that we can speak of. You are leaving 2010 with hope in your heart and a lovelight in your eyes. Here where I am, I can see you, a star shining bright in the cosmos of my soul.
.
My friends, I am sure I do not cherish you enough. I am sure I have taken you for granted. For that I am sorry, and I hope you will accept these 5 postcards as a token of my esteem.
.
My friends, some of you I have met but I suspect there are many whom I have not met, and may never meet in this life. But I know you already, for we sat together on the grassy slope of Mount Qaf, and there we traded stories and promises. Even then, I noticed the particular sweetness in your smile.
.
Have a wonderful Sunday, sunshine. And for those celebrating Christmas, I hope it has been a joyous day for you!
.
Pax Taufiqa.

No comments: