Saturday, October 20, 2012

Seeing Through the Nothingness of Self - the garden, the stage and the Stage Master, Muhammad Habibullah (s.a.w.s.)


Black or White, Tiger or Mousedeer?
If you are the black
Will I be the white?
If you are tiger
Shall I be the mousedeer?
If you are the hunter
Will I be your prey?
If you will be the Moon at night
Shall I be the Sun at daybreak?
If you are the shore
Will I be the sea?
If you are the accused
Shall I be the jury?
If you are struck blind
Would you still see me?

If you will be the Pharaoh
Shall I be Moses and Aaron?
If you are the Queen of Hearts
Can I be your knight errant?
If you will be the damsel in distress
Shall I be the gunslinger?
If you will be right
Will I be wrong?
We can be this, that and the other,
So long as we remember, my love...
To whom we all belong. 

People walk by,
Passing us unknowing
Of the universe we create
And the roles we play
In our mould of clay.
........................................................

al-marhum Shaykh Raja Ashman Shah
ibni Sultan Azlan Shah ('coach')
Dear God, I need Thy love, sweet and beautiful as it is, and however Thou may imagine in Thy infinite imagination. I have found myself, and I saw nothing there. Then I saw through the nothingness to see Thy perfect order and subtle ministration of this beautiful, beautiful world Thou has created for us, us poor weak servants - too playful and foolish, naughty little children let loose in Thy Garden of Paradise called Earth. Protect us from the accursed one who ever seeks to lead us astray. Help us, o' Lord of the Garden!

Dear God, in whatever role I may play with my opposite, in whatever mask I wear, in whatever masquerade party I am invited to, let me be Thy answer to the eternal questions of Mankind - who am I? why was I created? Where did I come from and to whom shall I return to?

Dear God, I can play the bad part. I can play the good part. Guide me always to the good part. Send me the script, send me the director, send me my acting coach, send me my agent and only true Master... bring me unto the guiding light of Thy Prophet Muhammad Habibullah (s.a.w.s.), Thy Own Beloved, and anointed mercy to all actors upon this stage that we call the world.

wa min Allah at-taufiq

With the right coach, you will feel like you are walking on air...

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: