Saturday, October 27, 2012

These Truths and the Stories of Man - clarity of beauty in the morning air


Katmir & Dogmir get wet. What a wonderful morning it is here. At half past six I took my dogs (read my sneakers) for a walk, dear old Katmir and Dogmir. As I was walking by the edge of the neighbourhood of Hartamas, I saw a definite clearing through the shrubbery that would take me to the no-man's land of the high tension power line that borders Hartamas and my own locality of Bukit Damansara. So on we trudged up the track and I found it to be a perfectly nice view, albeit overshadowed by the quintillion volts of electricity running above me. Alas I could not enjoy the vista too long as my path led me to a deep morrass of weeds and sinking soil left wet by the many days of storms we have had here recently. 


Morning Life. It was from then a gingerly and cautious stroll to find my way to the end of the path which (thankfully!) wound its way back to the main road. I detoured to the nearby food stalls which was already serving the early morning folks... Bangladeshi and Indian workers coming back from the 24-hours Indian Muslim restaurants where they toiled all night long. Some girls were already walking from home to the sundry shops where they work, while at the stall itself I was served by a cornucopia of Indonesians and Pakistanis. Sitting at the next table were a couple of Indonesian construction workers, having their breakfast before reporting to the work site, and next to me a doddering old Chinese fellow with a gravelly voice bantered with the Pakistani waiter. A couple of Malay boys and women came by to buy some Nasi Lemak (rice cooked in coconut milk). Later, a pretty Myanmar girl arrived to have black coffee. The resident stall cat, who looks very-well fed, were making plaintive mewing for his breakfast from sympathetic patrons.

3.30am. I woke up early today about half past three to sketch something, but like many things man-created, nothing is more sublime and beautiful than this rich world that God has created for us to be born in, to grow up, to live, work and get married, to have children and finally, to one day  return our body to the soil whence we came. And for our soul to speed its way back to the Divine Presence. And of the richness and beauty we have left behind? Nothing even there would compare with the Beauty that is God, with the Refined Wonderness that are His Attributes, and the Incomparable Happiness to be in His Company and that of the most honoured in His presence, the Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.s.).

I like to wake up early because these truths and the stories of Man have more clarity in the morning air, before the rest of us awaken to get distracted by this world and humanity's own puzzling confusion about who they truly are and why they are here. But we have no such confusion, do we, sunshine? Not here. Not now.

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: