Thursday, February 14, 2013

Do not run from Me! - remembering, forgetting and forgiving


I leaned over the bar of heaven,
And saw white clouds of angel hair drift by,
And the voices of the dearly departed rises higher
And resonates more completely 
In the well of my soul,
As the Water of Life bursts
Aflame in Love's White Fire.

I climbed over the bar of heaven,
And plunged into history,
And the hymns and songs for the Lord blew gently by
Like leaves falling from Heaven's trees;

Do not deny Me...
Do not run from Me...
Do not forget Me...
.................

An old friend shares with me that life is all about remembering and forgetting - remembering the tireless love of our fathers and mothers, and the incomparable love of God Himself for us. It is also about forgetting and forgiving insults, hurts and slights that we may have suffered in the hands of humanity. And when bad things happen and we really have no one to blame... we must forgive ourselves, for sometimes we inadvertently (and often enough intentionally) blame God, our Creator. And as far as I am told, the only path of self-forgiveness is to abase our pride and ego before the Almighty... I do not understand sometimes why things happen the way they do, but I know of no lover more true than You, o' Lord. And I know of no lover more unfaithful than me.

With that thought, I leave you to enjoy this blessed Thursday. May you always find favour with the Lord.


wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: