Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Station of Love, the Soul housed in Clay - the state of Divine Love


This Love is not my Love
O' Prophet, o' Moon of Ahad,
O' the Perfect Man, o' the Chosen One,
I do not love you myself,
I do not know you well enough
To claim that I love you,

So this love must come from Allah,
And it is taking its time passing through me,
To take whatever sustenance I may,
To nourish this soul housed in clay.
...................................

Knowledge is a beautiful thing when married with Adab (good manners). And good manners is the best for us, when it is married with sincere Love. And there is no Love more expansive, infinite and true than the loving vows exchanged between Allah (s.w.t.) and the Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.s.).

And blessed above many, a thing of divine tranquility is the man or woman who takes sustenance from the exchange of vows between the Lover that is God (s.w.t.) and the Beloved of God that is Muhammad (s.a.w.s.). For when you dip your soul in the Divine Love, it is a river unending, flowing from the fountain of love perfected beyond mortal comprehension.

Sink or swim in the river, however uncomprehending you may be, you are still blessed, sunshine!

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: