Wednesday, February 27, 2013

PLAYGROUND OF THE SOUL - chance encounter with a servant of Peace


Playground of the Soul
This is not just a mosque,
This is no mere house of worship...

This is a playground of the soul,
A garden of the spirit
To seed and till your happiness...

This is where you will see flowers
Rise, bloom and fall
In all hours of the day, 
Enchanted by the Lord's heavenly call.
..............................

Last night, as I was making my way to intercept young Ustaz Malik (the man with the golden voice), I was suddenly waylaid by an elderly gentleman. He introduced himself as Abdul Salam (Servant (Abdul) of He Who is the Source of Peace, Safety and Perfection (Salam, one of the Divine Names of God)). 

Being the forgetful dummy that I am, I cannot recall his face although he says that he has seen me around our neighbourhood. When we embraced I felt a burning warmth when his cheek touched mine. In my fanciful retrospection, I felt that it was the warmth of love.

So nothing to report but the chance meeting with kindly affectionate strangers in the Playground of the Soul. 

Have a lovely day, sunshine.

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: