Saturday, February 2, 2013

WHAT I AM NOT AND WHAT I AM - the bearing of the bearer of prophethood



Without Pride
I am not a drop of water
That you see,
For I came from the lakes,
The rivers and the seas,
Within me courses
All the fountains of heaven,
All the springs of wisdom,
All the pools of beauty,
Made rich when the Lord
Made me the Father of Souls!

If you unfurl the whole night sky,
All the stars you see will not count
For the mercy that I bring in me
When the Lord made me
As Mercy to all the worlds!

And if you can know this without pride,
Then certainly I am with you,
And you are with me!
……………….. 

It doesn't matter who you say you are. It really doesn't matter what title precedes your name, whether it is DR., IR. The Right Honourable, Her Britannic Majesty, a simple Mr. or a Ms. or even Prophet of God. It is the bearing of the bearer that best clarifies his or her character, strength and courage. 

In my irregular meetings with the Sufis that inhabit this part of the world, and indeed worldwide through this almanac and Facebook, my happiest times is hearing them recall their own favourite recollections about Muhammad (s.a.w.s.) Prophet of God. But even above that is the abiding moment when I hear one soul say to me...

Beloved of All Creation
I do not love the Prophet
Because he is the Prophet of God,
I love him for what he means to me,
And my only hope is for God 
To assure my education
About His Muhammad,
Beloved of God,
Beloved of all creation.
................... 

Well there. I am leaving this love letter here for the cyber angels to pluck and bring to the Divine Presence and Muhammad's (s.a.w.s.) attention. In the meantime, and for all eternity, you may read its contents just like the rest of my rambling writings in this almanac. And if you meet the Prophet in your journey, you will recall me and the hearts to him, yes?


Thank you, sunshine. I know I can count on you.

wa min Allah at-taufiq

And of course: The Hearts are the work of Cristina Colombo, Milan. You may visit her Facebook page by Clicking Here. 

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: