Monday, February 18, 2013

GANG RELATED DRIVE-BY HU-ING

"Watch out! It's the Habibi St Crew!
Grab your tasbihs (rosaries)!!"
Nothing kills a joke like explaining it. So I won't commit humouricide so early this morning. If you get it, you get it. If you don't, don't worry. Be happy. 

I haven't sketched for ages. This toon was conceived when I recall that I used to come by a Sufi zawiya (small mosque) and park outside, listened and participated in their dzikr (remembrance of God by recitation of His names and divine attributes) while still in my car (Can I be more lazy?). Then I imagine a gang of Sufis hitting their opposing crew on the other side of town with recitations of dzikr, shooting love instead of bullets out of their hearts instead of an Uzi. You know... gang-related drive-by Hu-ing.

Have a beautiful Monday, sunshine.

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: