Sunday, February 17, 2013

Love without Rival and the Beloved without Rival - towards a life of sincere sweetness


Love Without Rival
When my Lord looks for sincerity in me,
He sends me illness and poverty,
But He finds instead my hardness…

When my Lord looks for sweetness in me,
He sends me health and wealth,
But He finds instead my forgetfulness…

Either way I am undone,
Like a knot unraveled,

Unprepared as I am
To a Love without Rival.
…………………..

An illness gripped me for a couple of days, and I could not stand it, and I found true hardness in the core of my being, asking God why should I be made to suffer in this painful humiliating way. Even as the thoughts pass through my soul unchallenged, I felt guilty, and not a little stupid.

Ah, but that is what makes a man sometimes, yes? A little guilty, a little stupid. A clown really.

Yet it doesn't bode well for me even when the Lord grants me with health and wealth, for then you may find me silly and forgetful. Either way, I cannot win. Not alone, and certainly not by my own devices.

An ancient friend confides in me that the best path is the middle way, and the union of sincerity and sweetness into sincere sweetness, as elevated into a perfect art by Muhammad Prophet of God (s.a.w.s.), most intimate of all creation with the Creator. "That is the best way for you", he says... 

For Allah(s.w.t.) is Love Without Rival, and Muhammad (s.a.w.s.) 
is the Beloved without Rival.

Have a beautiful Sunday, sunshine. For me it is beautiful already for my illness has abated under the care of my father. And with my friend's advice ringing in the bell tower of my spirit, I look forward to a new day refreshed with hope, and a love without rival.


wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: