Friday, March 18, 2011

Mika-San & Papa-San - Umrah Pilgrimage Part 3

.
MY HOLIDAYS ARE ALWAYS KINDA. I am on leave today, kinda. But I still have to come into the office to ensure smooth transfer of pending client work. I shall also be bringing my laptop to blog and possibly work if necessary. When you are running a business, holidays are always 'kinda'. I am not complaining, I like my job and love my partners and crew. My office is authorized to contact me on ICU-only basis, which means my client is having a Code-Red legal dilemma and needs my advice to resuscitate him. I am lucky to have core clients whom I love. Not many lawyers have the privilege to say that. I am lucky, I guess. Anyway, the Prophet says that work is also ibadah (worship), so I don’t think he would mind.

I spent sometime with Mika this morning, and a thought struck me. I will be gone for 2 weeks in my Umrah Pilgrimage and shan’t see him for awhile. I won’t be seeing him at breakfast, and he won’t be there when I wake up in the middle of the night. Suddenly I felt terribly melancholic. Suddenly I don’t mind his endless chatter and his dry wit…
.
.
PAPA-SAN & MIKA-SAN. I think about the Japanese (who doesn’t nowadays?) and how there may be hundreds or even thousands of pairs of Papas and Mikas who has lost either his Mika or his Papa in the recent tsunami and earthquake. They shan’t see each other again (in this world). What a terribly sorrow it must be. Really I cannot put into words the feeling of utter loss that they must be feeling right now. There is a big hole in the universe for such people, and the world shall never be the same again to them.

May God give us such courage and strength to face what fate has in store for us and our beloved. By Love, for Love and through Love, in each step of the way, in each breath of our life..

Pax Taufiqa.

No comments: