Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Throne of God, the Noble Hope & Divine Surprises


SURPRISE, GOD! There is no way of surprising God. After all, all things are fated to happen. And fate is in God’s hand… so no surprises there, sunshine.
.
BAD SURPRISES. But I wish I could just for once, surprise God. With a happy one, mind you, and not one of those “I CAN’T believe that you just did that, Taufiq!” kinda surprise Oh no, when it comes to bad / stupid stuffs that I have done, I am an expert.
.
VERSE OF THE THRONE. It is not fair, I think. After all, God gets to surprise us ALL THE TIME. But I guess, we need him to be 24/7 in the know, otherwise, who can imagine what sort of mess we will get ourselves into. My friend commented to me that I should refer to the holy scriptures once in a while… okaaay. So this is the ayatul-kursi (Verse of the Throne) which kinda makes it plain and clear that God is Ever Vigilant and Ever in the Know…
.
[2.255] Allah (God)* is He besides Whom there is no god, the Everliving, the Self-subsisting by Whom all subsist; slumber does not overtake Him nor sleep; whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth is His; who is he that can intercede with Him but by His permission? He knows what is before them and what is behind them, and they cannot comprehend anything out of His knowledge except what He pleases, His knowledge (throne) extends over the heavens and the earth, and the preservation of them both tires Him not, and He is the Most High, the Great.
(*my insert)
.
I took some pictures of Mika yesterday. I think he is one of the most beautiful surprises that God has given me in my entire life. And the great thing is that it is a gift given to me each and every day when I see him.
.

Mikhail brought up the world map to show me exactly which countries he wants to conquer. As you can see he cannot make up his mind. But for some strange reason he admires Canada of all countries.


.
THE NOBLE HOPE. We all feel this way to our children. At the end of the day, what we want is to simply leave this world with the knowledge that we have somehow left it a better place for our children. I am sure we are all holding unto this Noble Hope… Guys like Dennis Piker of North Dakota who continues to be an inspiration safely held in my heart and memory. It was he who uttered the noble hope to me, some 5 years ago in Bismark, North Dakota.

Pax Taufiqa.

Footnote: I have been wanting to share this... I make fun, I Facebook-poke at angels and twist the beards of saints. I approach God and creation without proper levity. But the truth is... Although I am a lone pen in a billion upon billion of pens out there, I take what I write seriously. So... for you who read my almost-twice daily postings... Thank you. Thank you so very much for giving me a little space in the corner of your mind, a little hospitality in the saloon of your soul. May God reward you the kindness you have shown to this sinner and his ramblings.

No comments: