Thursday, April 28, 2011

God took away my chance to die young - The Band Perry


25. Skins
It is worrying how some people live life
At odds with the skin that they wear,

It is my life’s hope
To find peace
With mine.

SKINS. Not even the musical company of Louis Armstrong and Aretha Franklin will console you if you are unhappy in the skin you are wearing. I have no problem with the tone of my skin nor the scars that dot me. Its just that I was born with a very large skin. So I had to err... eat a lot and 'expand' to fill up the excess skin. Hehehe. I am not complaining, I am only sharing.

DEATH'S JOKE ON ME. The best joke of it all is that just at the moment I become happy with the skin I am in, Mr. Death may just suddenly appear *Poof* whispering into my shell-like, "Hey, Taufiq ol' chum. Time to go. Say goodbye to your old skin." Well, it may happen... Hu knows?

THE BAND PERRY. Death is not always morbid. How can it be when it can inspire Kimberley Perry to write such a sufi-esque song entitled "If I die young"? Her haunting lyrics begins...

...If I die young bury me in satin
Lay me down on a bed of roses
Sink me in the river at dawn
Send me away with the words of a love song...

Is it so strange to find sufi songs in Tennessee, USA? Written by a southern belle singing in a American country band? It isn't, sunshine. It is the most natural thing in the world.

God took away my chance to die young, but 41 years old come this July, I have no regrets. Not when I am writing and being read by you, sunshine. Your attendance to my daily almanac makes it all worth it, however and whenever God may call me home. Just like the song's ending, I think "... I have had just enough time..."

Have a nice day, pet.

No comments: