Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Fana, Fun and Work - end of year whinging



17. Putting the Fun in Fana
Do not blame us for feeling happy
Being at the side of our Saidi
Swimming we are, in a sea of manna
Leaving footprints, on the shore of fana.
........................................

Fana is often referred to as the spiritual state of annihilation. There are different phases of fana for a mureed (student) to reach. You have the state of fana with your Master, the state of fana with the Prophet (s.a.w.s.) and the blockbuster box office state of fana with God Almighty. Well... this is what I am told. I cannot vouch for any such station as I am not even a mureed, merely a sympathetic bystander.

Right now, at this very moment, I am in a state of fana with my work. Overwhelmed with it. And at the end of the year of all times. I was kinda hoping things would ease off a little coming into December, but alas not. As it is, it looks like me and Alex will have to make another business trip to Singapore this weekend. But I guess this is a good fana also. The income feeds and clothes me, my partners and my small band of workers. So that we might live another day, to perhaps move one small step towards the other fanas.


God bless you, sunshine, in whatever work you are doing. Because for fana or manna, work you must... Hehehe. Yeah... it is not all just fun and games. Alhamdulillah!

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: